Monday, October 29, 2012

Frau Miskin would be proud!

Well work.  The word its self intones so many things.  Today I had an interesting day at work.  First off I answered lots of weird calls, and called some weird people too.  One call that I sent out came back as the number to the "Mental Health Hotline" which then gave me options to further my treatment.  It is also surprising to me more and more the strange things people name their children.  Its like, do you want your child to be beat up for the rest of their life? But honestly.. The kicker of today was I took a German call.  The boy who sits next to me has gotten lots of Spanish calls which is great since he speaks Spanish   During training I mentioned passingly that I spoke some German, my trainer responded that I would probably never use it. Well today I did.  This kind old man answered my call with Guttentag and then asked Sprechen Sie Deutsche? To which I happily responded ya. I then commenced, with my little remaining German knowledge, to convince him to pay off the entirety of his loan! You should have seen the look on my co-workers faces! Mouths dropped, and people stared.  And then when they found out I made the collection? Shock was the expression on everyone's faces! Haha made my day! The man was really so nice to me... even though it took me about 4 tries to say anything.

Well that's work for ya!

Gutten nacht!

No comments:

Post a Comment