Monday, October 15, 2012

So I met this boy....

The week before I started my Freshman year of college up here at USU I went to Aggie Blue Leadership Training.  There I met this great boy named Christian Hobbs. We shortly became good friends.  We went to the USU vs UNLV football game and sat together.  Christian had told me he was from Preston Idaho so I asked him if he ever went to Franklin Idaho.  He seemed surprised and told me he was from Franklin (which is a small town of 643 people). I told him I had been to a family reunion there once because my family was the family that originally settled Franklin. He seemed even more shocked and exclaimed that his family had founded Franklin as well.  After a few calls at the beginning of the next week with my lovely grandmother I discovered that Samuel Rose Parkinson is my great some-what-odd grandfather who was asked by Brigham Young to settle Franklin.  I sent a text to Christian asking if the name Parkinson rang a bell. He called me and asked me if I was joking, when I replied no he told me he was a Parkinson too!
Crazy right?
So as far as we can tell Samuel Rose is about where the families split.
So about 5 generations back
with 3 name changes
and an adoption thrown in there
we are related.

Its a small small world (:
yup, this pretty much defines our relationship

1 comment:

  1. Maegan, you are wonderful. I nominated you for this thing.. look on my blog to see. Participate if you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete