Tuesday, September 4, 2012

It turned out NOT to be a day of Labor

Well this last weekend was Labor Day! So I went home. Yeah I know. Exciting. But really it was! Before I tell you all about my weekend here is a little update on campus life...
So REAL classes have started and I made it through the first week! HUZZAH! But really it was amazing! I have been having so much fun! There always seems to be something going on up here so there is never a dull moment.  So last week I went to the USU VS. SUU Football game which we won. (Makes me feel just a tiny bit better about choosing USU over SUU.

And then on Friday was the 80's dance! It was so much fun! Me and Jaylen were the only ones who were still up here so we went together and then walked over to the quad to check out true aggie night ;)


Then on Saturday I went home.  I really did not do much that day... hung out at home, went to lunch at Pei Wei, and hung out with my mom.  That night I went to my dear friend Mitch's house and played a fabulous game called "mole" don't worry if you have never played it they kinda came up with it on their own.  During this game I was escaping from jail and I sprinted full on into a sliding glass door. And I hit hard.  My face (nose), knee, shoulder, and toes all got bruised a lovely shade of purple.  It was so much fun!! Haha and then I got stuck in the window well... I was trying to climb through the basement window and I got stuck. HA! But really.... it was so much fun.  Sunday I went to church in my "home ward".  It was so much fun to see some of my friends! I went to Sunday School with Shayna, Paxton, Weston, Spencer, and Devon.  I have never gone to that class because I was always in Nursery.  I really did enjoy that. Monday was Labor day! And I did nothing. Well I guess I did do my laundry. I really did enjoy just spending some time with my mom lounging around into the afternoon.  Then I went to my family party and brought Mitch with me.  It was a new experience for me, bringing a friend to a family party.  But I really did enjoy it!  We had fun eating, exploring, playing Ping Pong and talking with my family.  It was funny to see what he thought of my Grandparents house.  I have been going there for years.  But he, who was an outsider, was amazed at some of the stuff around the house.  He was enamored with the back yard and the idea that it has a creek running through the back. So while he was taking a panoramic picture, I took a picture of him (hehe he still doesn't know this!)

So now I am back in Logan and I just finished my classes for the day. Tonight Laur and Jer are coming over for dinner.  

Today is also one of my roommates birthday!  Today we surprised her with a cake, roses and a balloon. I just love this girl to pieces even though I have not known her for very long.  She is just a little ball of energy and is so much fun to be around.  She always keeps us on our toes and always has something funny to say.  I love this girl more and more every day! Have a happy birthday Jaylen!

No comments:

Post a Comment