Tuesday, August 21, 2012

#aggieblue

Well I did it! I attended my first big college thing!  I went to this amazing leadership conference called Aggie Blue!  It was so much fun.  Not only did I get to meet some amazing people but I learned some amazing things as well.
Here is some of my favorite things I learned...
~"We are all given talents and abilities and 24 hours in a day.  It is up to us to use them" -Tyler Tolson
~we each have our own personal "brand" or how people see us.  Personal branding leads to relationships, trust, mutual success, and follower loyalty
~"Power is always at play in relationships" -Matthew L. Sanders
~"The people closest to you are the ones you can hurt the most.  BE CAREFUL!" -Sanders
~Best way to increase power (influence) is one on one
~the question if I am the 2/10 who enjoy what I am doing
~the four principles to succeed are Preparation Investment Persistence and Execution
~"Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear and no concept of odds against them" -Robert Jawik
~"if you are not moving forward you are moving backwards" -Chinese Saying
~expectations are what we live up to, those who see things different defy expectations and create their own expectations and change the world!


Here are some of the lovely people I met the last two days
Trent and his girls

Hanging out during service

some of my group

We weeded for service, like, a lot of weeds

Christian who claims he isn't very good at the piano and then goes up there and whips out some amazing piece I could only dream of playing

the ENTIRE group

He was really good at blowing up balloons

our attempt and making a tower at balloons (well the beginning of our attempt)

Over all I loved my two days at Aggie Blue! I had so much fun and learned so much! Oh and I got a twitter! Follow me! @MKasteler

one final word of advice from Aggie Blue...

Whatever you do from here on out, change the world

1 comment:

  1. You're awesome!! So glad to see you loved the experience!! DISTRICT 12!!!

    ReplyDelete