Friday, August 10, 2012

uh bunch of gurls in the woods

Well! I went to Girls Camp! And it was quite the experience to say the least!

so here's the low down, picture style!

So started out early Monday morning finding out that this lovely young lad would be accompanying us as one of our priesthood leaders for the night. Just the idea that he is old enough to do that made me feel too old for camp (after all I am 18 now;) )

After hours of pouring rain we finally started to dry out! This is just the start of the fun and we were looking forward to a marvelous week.

yet again drying out after the rain... with plastic ponchos in the pockets of our totally awesome iBelieve sweatshirts!

this is all the LITES (YCL) getting ready to greet the incoming wards Tuesday morning 

This is us again.... probably the only picture with all the LITES in it

we decided to have a little fun with the masks.... between Kellie's glasses and "over botoxed" face, to Elizabeth's mustache and then my overalls and "buck teeth" we had some good times playing some "harmless" practical jokes on some of the unsuspecting wards ;)

Then I got sick.... like really sick.... the cute leaders decided to wash my hair after I had thrown up like 20 times... this was no small task considering we had no warm water.... so the boiled some for me.  And yes this picture was taken at like midnight

Overall camp was great! I am so happy that Kellie asked me to come with the Stake.  I did end up going home Tuesday night since I was so sick.  But I really did learn a lot the few days I was up at camp and had many amazing experiences. That is why my testimony grew so much.  I was also so blessed to be able to return to camp Thursday night for testimony night.  I am so blessed to have a testimony of the gospel.  We did this thing at camp called an "iBelieve Declaration" here's mine:

I believe in believing.  I believe that believing is the first step to knowing.  It took me a long time to get past my first believes into my first knows.  When I finally decided to stop relying on other peoples testimonies to get me through life it was then that I prayed to know for my self.  And I got an answer! I know that the church is true! I know that we have prophets on the earth today who help guide us and protect us.  I know the receive inspiration from God.  I know that our Heavenly Father loves us.  I know that Christ suffered for us on the Cross.  I know WITHOUT A DOUBT that families are forever.  I know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel to the earth and that the Book of Mormon was translated by the power of God.  I know that the Bible is also a work of God.  I know that I am a daughter of a God who loves me and understands my worth.  I know that He will also answer my prayers.  I know that the tender mercies of the Lord are all around me.  I know who I am and where I am going. I know without a doubt that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church!  

No comments:

Post a Comment