Thursday, January 17, 2013

Inspired Guidance

In October 2012 the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, President Monson, opened up the 182nd Semi-Annual General Conference by announcing that the church would be lowering the age requirement for missionary service both male and female.  My reaction was in line with all those who heard this shocking announcement, I was overjoyed.  This put going on a mission on my list of options to consider for my future.  After much prayer and studying I have come to the conclusion that for now I am best off staying where I am at and serving the Lord in different ways.  This has been a very difficult decision for me.  I have slowly watched one by one as my dear close friends who I counted on being in my life for a while longer have received that white envelope in the mail and discovered where they will be serving 18-24 months of their young lives. I have slowly watched them start to leave. And this is hard! I am so proud of all my friends who have decided to serve full time missions.  
After this announcement it was so easy for people to say they would serve a mission. While I am not saying that staying home will be harder then serving a mission but I know I am in for a struggle.  I am excited for the challenge saying goodbye will bring.  I am excited for the challenge of devoting myself to the service of our Lord and Savior back here on the home front.  I am excited to watch all my friends grow and to learn from them. I am excited for the progress of the True and Everlasting Church here on the earth today.  I am excited to be a part of the chosen generation given the great task of expanding the work. I am excited to discover the Lords plan for me to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment