Sunday, January 29, 2012

Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing

My dad once told me that I probably wouldn't find the importance of Trek till years later.  Today I was looking through all our trek pictures and listening to Pandora and the song Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing came on.  It moved me nearly to tears as I scanned through these pictures.  I was remembering all that happened so that I could go on trek, my initial feelings of loathing towards my parents for making me go, and the end result.  . It was then that I found the meaning of trek, and it wasn't what I expected. I suppose to every person who went there could be a large variety of different reasons, each profound in their own way.  To me trek showed me that I can do hard things, that I can make it through every challenge and trial in my life. I am sad to say that I did not walk the whole distance, and everyday since then I have regretted it, however on my 17th birthday I accomplished my biggest goal during trek, I made it up Rocky Ridge. I discovered something in doing so, I discovered that my trial is not Rocky Ridge, or even just walking across the plains, my trials are different but just as difficult to me as the trek was to those who made the trip so many years ago.











*picture credits go to Lauren Kasteler

No comments:

Post a Comment